The best composite material for luting OPTISPLINT Jigs must have the following qualities.
- Dual-cure so it cures hard even where light does not reach under the frame.
- White, which is much easier to scan than pink.
- High viscosity so it doesn't drip all over the mouth when applying.
- Cures hard and strong so the jigs are not fragile and won't break.
- Low shrinkage to minimize the effect of polymerization shrinkage on the accuracy of the jig.
- Low cost and high value.
OPTIWELD checks every box with the following product features.
- Light-Cure in 30 seconds and self cure in 3-4 minutes.
- A3.5 off white color and radiopaque
- High viscosity similar to post-core material
- High micro-tensile strength
- 3.3% volumetric shrinkage. Among the lowest values of all dual cure materials.
- $75 for 8g tube.